Friday, June 24, 2011

I have loved you with an everlasting love...

Whenever my husband is out on an adventure with Isaac I like to sit and spend too much time watching girly chick flicks and romantic comedies. Last night the movie of choice was: "Where The Heart Is". The very end of the movie Natalie Portman says to her co-star "I lied because I thought you deserved better", to which he replies: "There is no better than you."

Sometimes I think that we do this with God, we are afraid that we are not the best person for what God asks of us. Maybe He has asked you to spend an entire week with abused children showing God's love, or maybe just sharing His love with a stranger, or even harder, a friend. Perhaps it's something more in the spotlight, such as sharing your testimony or a verse or song. Whatever it is, our tendency is to think that God couldn't possibly want to use us for such a thing. But what I think we need to realize is that God is looking at us saying "(insert your name here) there is no better than you." He has designed us to serve a purpose, each and everyone of us! He loves us and sees us not as we see ourselves! So next time God prompts you to do something don't let fear stop you. Remember, Steve, Randy, Julie, Dave, Lee, Leena, Linda, Berndt, Shari and anyone else that might read this, there is no better than you!

The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness" (Jeremiah 31:3).

No comments:

Post a Comment