Saturday, June 18, 2011

His grace is sufficient!

2 Corinthians 12:9

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 


 It is always difficult as a human in general to show any weakness. To even allow ourselves to tell others about how we have fallen makes us think that they will either judge us, or look at us differently. We'll lose a little of our 'status' that we have been trying to obtain. As a Christian I think we sometimes use the facade that if we tell others how we have sinned they will judge us, or worse think that we are a bunch of hypocrites. But one verse that has constantly stood out to me is 1 Peter 1:14-16:14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy."

 
 I suppose we are not trying to be hypocrites, but we are in fact trying to be something we are not. God has asked us to be holy because He is holy! But because this is something that none of us will ever be able to obtain, which brings us to the verse above in Corinthians. You see none of us are good enough to deserve God's favor! Definitely not good enough to be considered holy... but by God's grace through the sacrifice of His Son, we will be allowed to stand before His throne and be counted as worthy. This always amazed and confused me, why God would want my messed up life to be anything to be used for Him and His glory, yet in Proverbs 3:5-6:
New International Version (NIV)
 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight


Through trusting in God daily in my life, God willing, I will slowly conform to something that He would want me to be, and will bring Glory to His Name.


Until next time: The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord be gracious to you, make His face shine upon you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment