Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Be still and know that He is God

As I read through the bible this week I've spent more time reading, and less time understanding that I normally would. I've had a lot of extra things on my plate this week, and even though most of them pertain to church on Sunday... this week being Easter and all, it seems like the constant business that I'm doing to prepare has in NO way brought me closer to God.

In fact, as I was driving to work today I started to feel like I was suffering from a terrible case of God ADD. Everytime I would try to focus on something God was asking me to think about or focus on, I would be pulled away by one thought or another. Then as I was driving over the top I felt a very strong voice say to me: "Be still and know that I am God". Of course I have read this very many times before from Psalm 46:10, but it felt very real to me. So I determined for the rest of the drive I was going to lay aside my sporatic thoughts, and just focus on what it was that God was asking of me.

I'd like to say that at that moment it was problem solved, but unfortunately inspite of all my good intentions it took me much longer to allow this to sink into my soul. All I pray is that for the remainder of the week I can stop worrying so much about the mundane things that I seem to care so much about and will put my mind where it should be.
Interestingly the latter half of the verse reads: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Tonight as I read that I think that He may also want us to exalt(to lift up) Him to the top of our personal lists as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment